The original lowers were small and ineffective. They were incapable of resisting a fart let alone the forces of nature at a 100kph. I decided to use the original lowers as an initial template and then enlarged the shape with a few tweaks here and there.
After that, it was just a matter of cutting out, cleaning up and fitting in a similar manner as for the windshield.
And then for the moment of truth - ride and test it all out. The windshield was great and as a major bonus, I wasn't peering through a hazy shield. The lowers also worked great - the larger size made for less buffeting with less air being sucked up under the windshield. All in all, it was a much smoother ride.
Return to Home Page
I needed to travel up north to Hamilton. The reason for going was to join the search and rescue effort to locate a beloved family member who had gone missing. However, that's a whole different story for another time. I took this opportunity to ride up...
Wellington, New Zealand on a beautiful day is unbeatable. The call to get on the bike and ride, irresistable. A ride from Upper Hutt to Wellington and round the bays...
Page Views: 3976