The design process generally included the following:
- Initial research to obtain a general understanding of some of the issues involved in constructing a rubberband powered car.
- Brainstorming and consideration of ideas.
- Identifying customer constraints and requirements.
- Testing rubberbands.
- Preliminary drawings.
- Spreadsheet calculations that give consideration to weight, size and forces involved.
- Cutting out parts and constructing.
- Testing the model against expectations.
- Adjusting model as required.
- Feedback from stakeholders and customer.
This site only covers details of the above to the extent that I thought people may be interested.
Continue to The Initial Research